In addition to traditional braces, our office also performs Invisalign®, a new technique that utilizes a series of clear aligners in sequence to move your teeth without anyone noticing.
What is Invisalign® and how does it work?
Invisalign® is the invisible way to straighten teeth without braces. Using advanced 3-D computer imaging technology to project tooth movement, Invisalign® creates a series of clear, custom-made aligners that gradually move your teeth. You wear each aligner for about two weeks, moving to the next set, until your teeth are straight.
What are the benefits of Invisalign®?
- Nearly invisible: you can straighten your teeth without anyone noticing
- Removable: you can still drink and eat foods that you want
- Better oral hygiene: you can brush and floss normally to maintain healthy gums and teeth
- Comfortable: there are no wires, metal, or brackets to cause mouth abrasions
Does Invisalign® work? Is it effective?
Yes. It has been proven to be effective in both clinical research and in private practices nationwide. Pictures of completed cases may be viewed at www.invisalign.com.
What are the aligners made of?
Aligners are made of a clear, thin medical-grade polymer that is virtually invisible when worn.
Has Invisalign® been reviewed by the FDA?
Yes, the FDA has cleared the Invisalign® System as a Class 1 medical device for orthodontic treatment and for prescription use.
What is the process for getting Invisalign®?
- Schedule an appointment with Dr. Popli who can help you decide if Invisalign® is right for you;
- Dr. Popli writes a personalized treatment plan and submits it to Invisalign®, along with photographs, x-rays, and impressions of your teeth;
- Using 3-D computer imaging technology to project tooth movement, Invisalign® translates the treatment plan into a 3-D animated computer simulation;
- Once the 3-D representation has been modified and accepted by Dr. Popli (and by you), Invisalign® begins to fabricate a series of precisely customized aligners;
- You wear each aligner for about two weeks, moving to the next set, until your teeth are straight;
- Follow-up appointments are scheduled once every 6-10 weeks. Dr. Popli will make sure that the treatment is progressing as planned.
How often must I wear the aligners?
Aligners should be worn day and night, except when eating, brushing, or flossing.
Are there restrictions on eating and drinking?
No. The aligners are removable, so you can still enjoy your favorite food and drinks.
Will Invisalign® affect my speech?
Invisalign® may temporarily affect your speech for a day or two, until your mouth adjusts to aligners.
Does Invisalign® hurt?
There may be some mild soreness each time you start a new aligner in the series. This is a normal sign that the aligners are working – sequentially moving your teeth to their final destination. The soreness subsides within a few days.